Tracking A-Knights-Journey



For many months, I have wanted to let you in on what happens when a person seeks -wholeheartedly and purposefully-to follow whatever God leads one to do...even the most unusual or seemingly ridiculous.

The world, with it's photo-shop-abilities, would want to show the sweet and perfect parts of the journey--but I'm inclined to believe that showing you the truth is more beneficial in the long run.

Know this up front:  the journey, no matter how many trials come our way--or how many traps are laid for us to fall into--will be worth it when we reach the destination.  Keep pushing forward.

Focus on the finish --not the flight.  Flights are often difficult.  I have found I really hate flying if it's more than a three hour flight.  I get too antsy.  I wiggle and squirm, have hot flashes and anxiety builds up in me like a pressure cooker.  I have to really concentrate not to pop.  It happens sometimes because of who I might be seated next to.  No, not Jeff--it's whoever the other person might be.  I often get stuck in the middle.  I've also learned the value of a Dramamine.

I remember one flight, a big, hairy armed man who liked his wine.  He drank a few glasses and it stunk to the high-heavens and his extremely itchy, hairy arms kept brushing mine and he tended to hog the arm rest (I just got the heebie-jeebies now remembering it).  Jeff was on the opposite side, and he had his arm rest and mine too- and there I was with no arm rest... then Jeff fell asleep with his endearing snore.  I decided right then, as my mind fought not to scream at the aggravation of it all--I hate flying.  I don't like close proximity--and it seemed that American Airlines added more seats and took away all the breathable air.  Probably not true, but it was my take on that particular flight.  I'm still amazed I made it through that one.

That was probably one of the more intensely difficult flights.  Others have had their own issues.  Like sickness.  But for the most part, they've been bearable.  Still though.  Flying is not my favorite thing to do.  But following Jesus is. 

There are times the journey makes sense.  Then, there are those times when you find yourself, head cocked to one side--wondering what in the world just happened.  Like when you've got the next 16 months planned out then the doctor calls and says, "you need to come in".  (We'll talk about that another day.)

What I want to leave you with before I go grab my morning coffee is this:  Trust Him.  Take time out of your day (helps if you attempt this very early in the morning) and talk to Him in the quiet--but then sit still and listen.  I can tell you from my experience, when I stop and listen, HE speaks.

You have a journey all your own.  You're traveling on it right now.  Months ago, when I began posting pictures on Instagram, I tagged them all with #aknightsjourney  for one reason, so I could track them, but also to give my family a trail to follow.  You may, or may not want to hashtag your own journey.  You should know though that Jesus is tracking it.  Every-single-minor and major step.

"Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him".  Proverbs 30:5




© Angie Knight 2019
BECAUSE of His great mercy He has given us new birth into a LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you. 1 Peter 1:3-4 HCSB (emphasis mine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally, Home.

Be the One

Gear UP!